I wanted to test my skills with a "before and after" project, and show the effects of the cooking process. To do this, I created a Thanksgiving turkey dinner!
This project was created using Maya 2019, Substance Painter, and Marmoset Toolbag 4.
First, I created my models in Maya. The entire project is 33,805 faces.
Then I layed out my UVs. I wanted this project to be very hi-res, so I used five maps for five objects: the turkey, rosemary, orange slices, plate, and apples. I was careful to delete un-needed faces and limit the amount of seams while keeping in mind any warping.
Here are my models with a UV layout visualizer map.
Next, I gathered references for my materials I'd create in Substance Painter.
Finally, here are the materials I made in Substance Painter. Something that was quite challenging to me was painting occlusion maps, as they aren't visualized well, in my opinion, within the program. However, it was a welcomed challenge and I'm happy with the final outcomes!